George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston (IAH) and Ellington Airport (EFD) currently have several attractive properties available for lease and development. Airport property usage opportunities include: General aviation; Corporate/private aviation development; Non-aeronautical or other commercial development; EFD T-hangar leasing; and Spaceport development.
To schedule a site visit or obtain more information regarding these properties, please contact:
IAH: Aleks Mraovic, firstname.lastname@example.org
EFD: Airport Operations Division, 1-713-847-4200
Space for Lease
Corporate/Private Aviation Hangar
An opportunity is available to lease a corporate/private aviation hangar located at 17620 Chanute Road, Houston, TX 77032 at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
DESCRIPTION OF PREMISES
- Leased Premises: Approximately 129,598 square feet (2.975 acres) of land with improvements.
- Building: Approximately 28,585 square foot building, including an approximately 4,700 square foot partially finished mezzanine level office/storage area.
- Open Hangar Area: Approximately 17,568 square feet.
- Hangar Door Height: Approximately 27 feet and 10 inches.
- Additional Features Include: Approximately 24,035 square feet of concrete aircraft ramp, covered parking and automatically controlled access gate.
Property Ownership: The land and the improvements are owned by the City of Houston, a tax-exempt entity.
Use: Corporate Aviation Operation. The City of Houston will entertain other general aviation uses for the facility.
Site Location: The premises are located off Chanute Road, north of Rankin Road, and are located approximately 22 miles north of Houston's central business district. The premises have access to George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston Taxiway W/C.
Fueling Options: The underground storage tanks have been removed. Lessee can purchase fuel from one of IAH’s two Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) or can install above ground storage tanks for self-fueling purposes.
General Lease Terms: Triple net lease. The City is open to discussing various lengths of lease term, which are in part dependent upon lessee’s proposed capital improvement investment in the leased premises. City of Houston insurance requirements vary depending on the hangar's use and will be provided upon request.
For a leased premises drawing of 17620 Chanute Rd, Click Here.
- 40 acres with frontage on FM 1960, excluding acreage to be retained by HAS for the Runway Protection Zone (RPZ)
- 7.4 acres on Simmans Street north of Hardy Connector
For more information contact: