A new construction phase for the international terminal at George Bush Intercontinental Airport will start on Monday, February 26, and will last until early April 2024. Throughout this period, the Terminal D/E connector tunnel will close overnight from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. This temporary closure is necessary to facilitate the installation of the new Baggage Handling System for the International Central Processor.
The tunnel will be accessible to pedestrian traffic during the day.
Use the Subway Train for a seamless and convenient connection from Terminal E to any terminal. Please follow the signage that will direct you to the Subway Train.
No changes will be made to the international arrivals passenger pickup located on South Terminal Road.
Curbside passenger drop-off for Terminal D will remain open throughout this construction phase.
Shuttles for Hotels, the Rental Car Center, and parking locations will continue to depart from Terminal C.
During the scheduled overnight closure of the tunnel, shuttles will be readily available to facilitate the smooth movement of travelers out of Terminal D if necessary. Rest assured, the airport has the necessary resources to minimize any inconvenience during this construction phase.
PLAN AHEAD: Construction at Bush Airport may impact traffic and road conditions. Passengers are advised to reserve parking online in advance of arriving at the airport and build more time into their airport arrival.
Ongoing construction for terminal expansion at Bush Airport may impact traffic, mainly during afternoon peak travel times. As we work to minimize the impact on the traveling public, we ask passengers and their families to follow these important recommendations to ease traffic delays, reduce roadway congestion and enhance the passenger airport experience.
Follow Roadway Directional Signage as construction shifts the roadways
Participate in Active Loading Only along Arrivals and Departures Curbs
Utilize Cell Phone Lots that serve as passenger waiting areas
PLAN AHEAD: The Terminal B North Concourse permanently closed on January 9, 2024. United Airlines is preparing to begin construction on the Terminal B Transformation.
Here's what you need to know:
- Terminal B Gates 76- 88 are permanently closed.
- Terminal B Gates 1- 31 remain open in the South Concourse.
- The Terminal B Ticketing Lobby, TSA Security and Baggage Claim remain open.
- Guests can access Terminal B from the parking garage, Skyway and Subway.
MORE DETAILS | IAH Terminal Maps
PLAN AHEAD: Construction is underway at Terminal E.
Here's what you need to know:
- The Terminal E TSA Security checkpoint is closed.
- The Terminal D Garage is permanently closed.
- Terminal E departing passengers must now check-in and go through TSA security at either Terminals B, C or D. United Airlines will provide passengers with the appropriate terminal check-in location and further instructions.
- Parking, Rental Car and Hotel shuttles will not have access to Terminal E. Passengers will need to go to Terminal D, C, B or A, to access shuttle services.